Mock Interview


Today in class we had a mock job interview. To get prepared for it, I printed out my resume to have it ready in case it was asked for. Before it began, I was nervous but I knew that I had the capability to answer the questions.

I was in a group of four and there were four separate principals that came around to ask us questions. Some of the questions I found to be easy to answer, while others were more challenging.

Questions I enjoyed:
1. If you were teaching a direct instruction lesson, how would you arrange your classroom and why?
  • I would arrange my classroom in a way that the students would be able to work independently. Whether they were in rows with their desks separated, or in rows of two. This would enable the students to focus on their own work and learn at their own ability. Direct instruction is focused on independent student learning, before they are able to work cooperatively. Having the seating like this allows the students to focus on their own learning.
2. If you could be any color of the rainbow, which one would you pick?
  • I would be yellow because yellow is very bright. It is a welcoming color and I believe that I am a welcoming person and I want to be a welcoming teacher. When I think of the color yellow, I think of happiness and excitement!
3. If you could describe your life with any song, what song would you choose?
  • I chose the song "Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. This song is perfect because of exactly what the title says, don't stop believing. No matter what happens in life whether it is while you are a teacher or a student or just going through life, you should always believe in yourself.
There were some questions that I just knew and came right to my head after they were asked, but there were others that didn't. I learned that you should always prepare for job interviews because there will be questions asked that might stump you. It also helped me realize that I know a lot more than I give myself credit to.

Now I would like to announce that I was selected and hired by Dr. Zaccaria to be a teacher of Rosie the Riveter Elementary School!


Comments

Popular Posts